Chủ Nhật, 27 tháng 1, 2013

Published tháng 1 27, 2013 by ana03 with 0 comment

Colours of The Red Dao


Last night I was inspired to get creative so I got out my art supplies and made a new entry in my art journal. It is the first of many that will be dedicated to my Vietnam adventure. The profile picture on the CBT Facebook page(pictured below) is what inspired me to create my journal entry (pictured above). It shows beautiful hand embroidered clothing worn by traditional Hill tribe Red Dao Women of Ta Phin.


My Journal entry took me a couple hours but the hand-made embroidery takes the women five to six months! Their detailed work is all done by memory and each woman makes a new set of clothes for her family once a year and the old set becomes the clothes for farming.

Take a moment and try to imagine what it would be like to have just two sets of clothes. Imagine how different our culture would be if we too let go of material possessions and, like the Red Dao, valued family and community instead.


      edit

0 nhận xét:

Đăng nhận xét