Thứ Tư, 23 tháng 1, 2013

Published tháng 1 23, 2013 by ana03 with 0 comment

CBT Vietnam girls' night out. Getting to know each other.

With our first official meeting coming up, I was the only one who didn't know any of the newly selected CBT Vietnam project volunteers. I am taking the Destination Resort Management Program at the Squamish campus and the other five were from the North Vancouver campus.  All I knew is that we had all been selected to represent Capilano University and the PATA Foundation on this amazing adventure as change makers.
 
I wanted to get to know my team, so the night before our first official Thursday morning meeting, I asked if anyone wanted to get together in Vancouver for a casual meet-up. Only Cat Lapointe and Rachael Dolina were available. The others, Nic, Maggie and Caitlin were unfortunately busy.

Girls' night out it was!'

Cat and I were onto our second drink by the time Rachael joined us and ordered a root beer. Rachael started us off telling us all about her life's adventures and her decision to dive into the Outdoor Recreation Managment Diploma Capilano University with no experience in the field - one that would change her life forever.

Cat's life story was also facinating and was told over a huge plate of nachos. When I think about the more recent events of Cat's life I would say that she is a professional student. Before Cat committed to the Bachelor of Tourism Management degree program she had been studying fashion design, and before that she studied sciences. In her current position, Cat manages to utilize all of her education in  as a Travel Designer. My life story was told while we were waiting for desert, a delicious chocolate mud pie, shown in the picture below.
                 
Rachael (left), Kristine - me (centre) and Cat (right)
After sharing a huge plate of nachos and desert we agreed to call it a night as we all had to get up early for our first CBT Vietnam meeting the next morning. Before we parted, Rachael asked Cat and I for some advice on a personal decision she had been struggling with. With our advice to each other you could tell that we had truly bonded!

I enjoyed our girls' night out and now I am even more excited about the CBT Vietnam project knowing that I will be working along side some amazing people like Cat and Rachael!






      edit

0 nhận xét:

Đăng nhận xét