Thứ Ba, 29 tháng 1, 2019

Published tháng 1 29, 2019 by ana03 with 0 comment

Memos from SRI LANKA. 2nd Memo: Little house on the P...olonnaruwa

Polonnaruwa was the second capital of Sri Lanka after the destruction of Anuradhapura in 993. I must say that due to their length, these Sri Lankan names are very twitter-unfriendly.


bye:myself - Renata Green - byemyselftravels: Polonnaruwa Sri Lanka
Bright lights, big city? Well, not here.

Apart from the Brahmanic monuments built by the Cholas, Polonnaruwa consists of the monumental ruins of the garden-city created by Parakramabahu I in the 12th century.

Just like the Sacred City of Anuradhapura, it was inscribed in the UNESCO-list of  World Heritage Sites in 1982.


bye:myself - Renata Green - byemyselftravels: Polonnaruwa Sri Lanka
One of the greatest masterpieces on the  site: The Buddhas of Gal Vihara.

And I like it much better - due to three reasons:


this way to read the whole story >>>
      edit

0 nhận xét:

Đăng nhận xét