Thứ Ba, 21 tháng 4, 2015

Published tháng 4 21, 2015 by ana03 with 0 comment

T-minus 4-days to Vietnam!





I sit here today in anticipation for this incredible trip that Kyle and I will embark on in less than a week!

These last four months have been a whirl wind of trip prepping, regular meetings with the team, working our day jobs and all the while trying to rock our studies. I have a few more tasks to complete, but it feels awesome that all this intense preparation will be worth it once we have arrived in Vietnam, where we will actually get down to business in Hanoi and Lao Chai.

Neither Kyle nor I have ever been anywhere in Asia before, and we are both so excited that we have the opportunity to experience Vietnam for the first time together. I am also super eager to immerse myself in a completely new culture.

However, with a new culture comes the risk of culture shock. So, I am currently trying to mentally prepare myself for the shock of a new environment but from what people tell me the culture shock may be inevitable. I am now starting to believe my best plan of action is to just try and relax and enjoy this adventure! Although, to keep a bit of the homesickness at bay, I’m bringing a few things with me that will remind me of my life in Vancouver. Check them out in the picture below!

A few of my favourite things. 

Keep an eye out for my next post upon arrival into Hanoi to get our first impressions of the country. Until then, wish us luck on our 24 hours of travelling from Canada to Vietnam!


      edit

0 nhận xét:

Đăng nhận xét