Thứ Hai, 25 tháng 6, 2018

Published tháng 6 25, 2018 by ana03 with 0 comment

Rail Trip Portugal - 6th Whistle Stop: CASCAIS - ESTORIL - BELEM

It was my last day in Portugal. Others would have taken it easy, maybe do some final souvenir shopping, have a last croqueta de bacalao and a glass of vinho verde or port in Lisbon.


One of Belém's most iconic monuments is the Padrão dos Descobrimentos, the Monument of the Discoveries on the bank of the Tagus river. 

Not me.
I was travelling with hand luggage - an according post shall follow soon - so shopping was basically off the table. I had far too much vinho verde and port over the past week, anyways, and I had to get up at 4.30 in the morning, so I did not want to jeopardize my cheap ticket for a private fare-well-party.


View from the Bairro Alto neighborhood on beautiful Lisbon.

And although I by far hadn't seen everything I wanted to see in Lisbon - and by very far not everything there is to be seen - I decided to treat myself to a final beach day. Fortunately, Cascais and Estoril are only a short 40 minutes from Lisbon's Cais do Sodré station - and the historic paradise Belém is on the way.

this way to read the whole story >>>
      edit

0 nhận xét:

Đăng nhận xét