Thứ Ba, 2 tháng 2, 2016

Published tháng 2 02, 2016 by ana03 with 0 comment

Hello from the 2016 Team!

Cleo Stratton, 3rd year Tourism Management Student
Natalia Pisarek, 1st year Outdoor Recreation Management Student
Sarah Constable, 4th year Tourism Management Student
Justina Lee, 4th year Tourism Management Student
"We got it! Me, you, Cleo, and Natalia!" 

That was the message I received from Sarah before I even had the chance to check my emails that day. What followed after was an overwhelming feeling of happiness mixed with disbelief. The entire application and interview process was so intensive, and the other applicants performed so admirably, that I wouldn't have been the least bit surprised if I didn't make it. So naturally when the news arrived, I was absolutely speechless. 

I’ve known about CBT Vietnam for a couple years now, but the thought of applying never crossed my mind simply because the timing never seemed to be right. It wasn’t until late last year that I really began to think about the project. When Chris striked up a conversation about the project, I was immediately intrigued. The stories he had to tell, combined with the passion he had for the cause, made me feel incredibly compelled to go. By the time the topic of finding new volunteers to fill their vacant positions came up in conversation, I was already prepared to apply.

The whole process, from being accepted to having our first training/information meeting with Chris, has been nothing but smooth thus far. Getting to know the other three ladies was an event in and of itself! In an attempt to have our first “formal” introductions, we ended up grabbing lunch at an authentic pho restaurant, and spent a good hour or so just getting to know each other. Really though, it was just four women with a similar goal to go to Vietnam and make a small but meaningful impact in community tourism. We chatted, we ate, we laughed, we discussed some business, and then we laughed some more. 

I am honoured to be a part of this incredible project and look forward to the opportunity to step up and do my absolute best. Only three months until we depart for Vietnam, but I already know that this experience will be nothing short of amazing.
      edit

0 nhận xét:

Đăng nhận xét