Chủ Nhật, 13 tháng 1, 2013

Published tháng 1 13, 2013 by ana03 with 0 comment

Memories



The preparation for the February Vietnam trip is bringing back so many memories. The last time I traveled to Vietnam I was seven, so I don’t remember much about the trip. But learning about the history of Vietnam through Chris and the different sources I have been reading, the memory bank has been opened. 

They say that the senses are the strongest memories, and it is true! The smells and tastes of different foods are flooding my mind. The clearest memory is definitely the orange flavored ice cream my parents would bribe my brother and me with in order for us not to complain about the heat.  Of course that would something I would remember, what seven year old doesn’t love ice cream?

I was only in the Sapa region for a short amount of time, but as I look at pictures of the area, I remember the train ride up. Fortunately, this trip we will not be taking the train that I remember. From what I recall it was the cheaper of the two trains… and it showed. This train was my first experience to rail travel and to be honest I have never recovered! Most details have been mentally blocked out for my own sanity of that train, but I would take it again just to travel to Sapa. One of the feelings brought up when thinking about this region is being cold. I was so cold when I was there. 

Learn from my mistakes right? Bring warm clothes is underlined twice in my packing list. 
The memory that has stuck with me since we traveled is the vibrant colours and designs of the fabrics and sashes the women were selling. My family has one hanging in our dining room, which is probably the reason I remember the moment we bought it in Vietnam!

Even if I don’t get the chance to go on the Vietnam trip in February, it is amazing just to be part of the planning process. I am learning so much about Vietnam that I never would have known, which is making my desire to go someday even stronger.
      edit

0 nhận xét:

Đăng nhận xét