Thứ Sáu, 11 tháng 1, 2013

Published tháng 1 11, 2013 by ana03 with 0 comment

Let the preparations begin


I was thinking of writing about what I am expecting on this trip, but as I sat and contemplated my expectations words from a great friend, and an even greater teacher popped into my head. "Expect nothing, and be prepared for everything."

The process of preparing to go to Vietnam with the CBT Vietnam Project is bringing back vivid memories of my trip to Western China this past summer. I wanted to be open to any and all opportunities in  China, and pre planning accommodations, transportation, and activities would, in my mind, close off the potential to go with the flow. As much as I resisted I created expectations of the trip. Some of these expectations turned to anxieties. It was, after all, my first trip outside North America. The anxieties over food, lodging, and transportation were for nought. The anxieties are now replaced with excitement of the potential that the unknown offers. New aromas, flavours, sights, sounds, people, and culture send my brain into a flurry. I get a bit carried away, daydream a little, and then, BAM! I'm back. I must resist the urge to create the new scents, sights, and people in my mind, soon enough all will be revealed.

The daydreams are useful. Coupled with the excitement generated by the team meetings they provide motivation and inspiration. Much like my summer trip, this trip will be work focused. Another opportunity to practice what I have been studying for the last four years. Another opportunity for tourism to benefit individual entrepreneurs in their home communities.

In speaking to some of the past team members I have come to realise something. There is one thing that I can expect: participating in this PATA & Capilano University project brings people from great distances and varied backgrounds together to do great things. That is an expectation that I will hold on to.

In the end, I am extremely excited to be a part of this project. I am at the same time humbled to have been chosen to participate. And while I am expecting nothing, I know that another experience of a lifetime awaits.
      edit

0 nhận xét:

Đăng nhận xét