Thứ Tư, 16 tháng 1, 2013

Published tháng 1 16, 2013 by ana03 with 0 comment

It's official...I love Vietnamese food!




So last night I ventured back to my new favorite Vietnamese restaurant to try another delicious meal. I waved to the owners as I came in and they recognized me (probably thinking there’s that crazy girl again). She came over, said hello and asked if I wanted to try something different than last time.  I, loving this new adventurous side of me, happily accepted the challenge.


I went with this delightful dish called Bun Thit Nuong, or Grilled Pork with Vermicelli. My taste buds were swirling. The dish had grilled pork, veggies, green onions, peanuts and was all on top of vermicelli noodles. They even threw in a spring roll just for me! It also came with a side of sauce, which I assumed was for the spring roll. The owner came over (next time I’m in there I’ll be asking her name) and told me to take the sauce and pour it over everything and mix it up! I’m not sure if you remember but I’m a sauce-on-the-side kind of girl…but I just did it and OMG! SOOO GOOD! I LOVED IT!


And, here's the proof:


I can’t imagine what it’s going to be like having this food in Vietnam! So many different flavours to challenge my taste buds.

Just so you know, I haven't just been eating out. I've also been checking off tasks on my list of things to do! There are a lot of things to get done before our departure date mid February. Today I got my vaccinations (OUCH!) and travel insurance. I came home and felt even more excited so I surfed through the pictures on the CBT Vietnam facebook page. Seeing the images of the villagers, the friendships, the colours and the landscapes made me realize that these  little windows into experiences I never thought were possible, are possible! I keep having to tell myself that this is happening - an amazing opportunity that is so real I can taste it!

We can do anything we put our minds to! 

What are your dreams? Let's make them happen too!
      edit

0 nhận xét:

Đăng nhận xét